– Multiple “Green” Awards in 2016 Underscores Company’s Leadership in Global Clean Energy Initiative
– Life is On Drives Company’s Commitment to Nurture Planet and Provide Customers with Environmentally-Friendly Products
Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, has been honoured as the Clean Energy Company of the year by the Northeast Clean Energy Council (NECEC) and the NECEC Institute during the organization’s Ninth Annual “Green Tie Gala” awards. The award recognizes Schneider Electric for its leadership and contributions to the region’s clean energy economy, unwavering commitment to provide innovative business models, connected technologies and solutions, and for its significant deployment of clean energy in the Northeast region.
Trends including urbanization, digitization and industrialization are transforming how people and organizations consume energy, automate industrial processes, make business decisions and improve their lives. Through its products, solutions and services, Schneider Electric helps customers take advantage of this fundamental shift to ensure their energy is safe, reliable, efficient, sustainable, and connected. The Company’s technologies enable distributed and connected energy, redefining the way we live our lives and ensuring that Life Is On for everyone, everywhere and at every moment.
“We take great pride in this recognition as it acknowledges our commitment to our core mission. We believe that access to energy is a fundamental, basic human right. At the same time, we are also convinced that the current way of managing, consuming and producing energy is unsustainable,” said Kevin Self, Senior Vice President, Strategy, Business Development and Government Affairs, Schneider Electric. “At Schneider Electric we are energy optimists – we believe the solution is possible by using the technologies of today to help our customers manage their energy better. From the convergence of IT and OT, to the advancement of renewables, the energy landscape is evolving and we are excited to be part of the solution.”
“Schneider Electric earned our Clean Energy Company of the Year award largely due to its leadership in clean energy world-wide and throughout the Northeast, and for its dedication to integrating sustainability into its business strategy, decision making and overall performance,” said NECEC President Peter Rothstein. “Additionally, Schneider’s investment in energy innovation and strong commitment to diversity and inclusion in its workforce sets them apart from others in the industry.”
Schneider Electric worked on the rehabilitation of the 226-MW Osage hydro project on the Osage River in Missouri.
In addition to the NECEC Clean Energy Company of the Year Award, Schneider Electric has received the following “Green” awards in 2016:
- Schneider Electric Acclaimed as World Leader for Corporate Action on Climate Change by the Carbon Disclosure Project: One of only 193 corporations participating in CDP’s climate change program to be awarded a position on the Climate A List
- Schneider Electric rises to 4th place in the Corporate Knights’ Carbon Clean 200 List: The Clean200 aims at promoting companies already on the continuum of the energy transition
- Schneider Electric rises to 10th place in the Newsweek Global Green Ranking 2016: Company leapfrogs to 10th place from 25th in 2015
- Schneider Electric gets its highest score ever in the 2016 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World ranking by Corporate Knights: Company ranks 12th overall and 1st in its sector
NECEC’s 9th Annual Green Tie Gala attracted nearly 500 business leaders in the clean energy industry, including company CEOs, government officials, service providers, academia, venture investment firms, labor and large commercial end-users and area utilities.