Scomi, SGSB to set up renewable energy JV.

Scomi Group, a global service provider based in Malaysia, has joined hands with Malaysian group Synergy Generated Sdn Bhd (SGSB) to set up a new company which will bid for engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts in the renewable energy sector, particularly for solar photovoltaic farms.

Besides EPC solutions, the JV company will also offer operation and maintenance services for solar projects.

SGB will be the majority shareholder of this JV company with 51 per cent interest while SGSB will hold the remaining 49 per cent.

SGB is a global technology enterprise mainly in the energy and transport sectors. Through its subsidiary and associate companies, it is involved in drilling, development and production services for the oil and gas industry,
Marine services as well as the design and manufacture of Rail and Commercial Vehicles systems.

SGSB offers unique, cost effective and innovative solutions in the field of large scale solar photovoltaic power generation.

SGSB is the lead developer, owner and operator of a solar power plant in Setiu, Terengganu. The plant was built in a record time of nine months and was fully operational in November 2014.

The plant is performing well, achieving the projected yield and at the same time reducing 4.7 metric tonnes of carbon dioxide per year.

Scomi Group, which is listed on the Bursa Malaysia Securities, and its group of companies are involved in the energy services comprising oilfield services, marine services and transport solutions sectors.

With offices in 22 countries, the Scomi Group derives most of its business from its international operations, which is backed by over 60 years of experience in the industry servicing numerous local and multinational companies.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login